THINGS TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOUR SESSION…
1. When do you need to have your Senior Portrait turned in to the yearbook staff at your school? Some schools take a more formal Senior Portrait at school, so you don’t have to worry about the yearbook. In that case, many Seniors choose to have their own creative Senior Portraits taken by a professional photographer. Other schools require you to personally turn in a digital file by a deadline. If that’s the case, find out that date as soon as possible.
2. Where do you want your Senior Portraits taken? Do you like tall grass & fields? Barns, fences, and sky? Modern, downtown, and buildings? Water, bridges, and trees? Maybe you like a combination of all of them. Try to picture yourself and what you love…that’s where I want to photograph you. If you don’t have a specific place in mind…no worries, I’ve got plenty of ideas.
3. Schedule your Senior Session a few months early. Once the weather begins to get warm in the spring, my schedule begins to fill up, so make sure you get your session scheduled for your most convenient time.
4. What should you wear? My suggestion is to wear your favorite outfit[s]. Usually your favorite outfit is something you look and feel great in! Just try to avoid real trendy clothes [or your kids will laugh at you years down the road….]. Bold colors may be distracting and draw attention away from you. Also try to avoid large flowers, stripes or patterns. Many people forget about their socks…remember, your socks and shoes may be visible during some of the photographs. I'd rather you bring along extra outfit choices than limit yourself to just one or two options. Remember to nicely pack your wardrobe and not cram everything into a bag. Also don't forget to bring in any uniforms, sporting gear, musical instruments or any other object you'll want in your portraits.
5. You’d be amazed at what the camera sees! Guys, don’t forget to shave the morning of your session [unless you want that hair!]. Blemishes? No worries! You can do your best to conceal them, but don’t sweat it.. Photoshop is a friend of mine.
6. How much will it cost? Please note that Senior session payment is due prior to the session in order to hold your day and time. Whether I’m photographing a senior, wedding, family, or engaged couple, I strive to creatively capture the true personality of the person or persons in front of my camera. This takes time. We won’t rush. Prints and products are not included in the Senior session, but are available for purchase in packages or a’la carte. A hi-res digital image will be sent directly to your school free of charge.
THE CREATIVE SESSION: $200
This session includes up to three outfits, your choice of 2 locations in the Chehalis/Centralia, WA area, and up to 1.5 hours of photography. Includes one hi-res, retouched image, sent directly to your yearbook adviser. All other prints and products are not included and ordered separately.
-Add another location $75 . Extended travel is available upon request.
THE STUDIO SESSION: $100
The studio session is great for every senior. Located downtown Chehalis, Washington. Studio session usually run between 30-45 minutes. Includes one hi-res, retouched image, sent directly to your yearbook adviser. All other prints and products are not included and ordered separately.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING YOUR SESSION…
1. How long will it take? Depending on how many locations, this can vary. The Creative Session is the most popular and usually wraps between 60-90 minutes.
2. What will we do? When we meet at our location, we’ll chat a bit about some ideas you may have, some ideas I have, and other important details. You may be nervous, but you really don’t have to – I’m very easy to get along with and will may you comfortable soon enough. We’ll walk around a bit to different parts of the location. I’ll stop once in awhile, ask you to do “something” or stand a certain way, and I’ll take some photos. Most people are uncomfortable being in front of the camera lens. However, I'll give plenty of suggestions of how to stand, where to look, what to do, and where to put your hands (this seems to be what stresses people the most for some reason) – I got you covered.
3. To change or not to change? Feel free to bring 3 to 4 different clothing changes! Before we start photographing, we’ll talk about what clothing you brought…different clothing looks best in different settings. We may not use each outfit, but its better to have options than be limited.
4. Can I bring a friend? Sure! Sometimes it helps to have someone there to help you relax or laugh. Other times, they can be a distraction, so choose wisely.
5. Model release. After we’re finished with the session, I’ll need you or your parents to fill out a short Model Release. (Unless the model is already 18.)
WHAT COMES AFTER YOUR SESSION…
1. How long until you can see your images? Your images will be ready to view within 1 week of your Senior session. I will send you an email letting you know that your images are posted. I’ll also include a link to a private gallery where all of your images will be posted. Online galleries remain online for 2 weeks.
2. Are the Facebook images copyrighted? Yes. All images that are posted on line [Facebook, blog/website, and gallery] are watermarked and copyrighted. I do give permission for you to use a photo for your profile picture, but please do not remove the watermark. Thank you!
3. When will my prints and products be ready? Upon receiving payment, the order for your prints and products is placed. Your order will be available for pick up within 10 days.
Gift and Wall Prints
We offer our clients the best finished prints in the industry. Using cutting-edge equipment, we print on the world's finest photographic paper, and offer an array of beautiful surface modifications and mounting options. All images printed 11x14 and larger are mounted on 3/8" Styrene ensure to last a lifetime. Frames not included.
Nothing shows off your artistic side quite like a Gallery Wrap. Printed on premium canvas and wrapped around a stretcher bar. Sizes: 11x14 to 34x54; custom sizes available. Depth 1.5". Saw tooth hanger for 20x24 and smaller; wire hanger for 20x30 and larger.
Print Wraps are a great way to add dimension to your home. They’re printed on photographic paper and laminated with a mounting block on the back, extending the print away from the wall. Sizes: 12x12, 11x14, 10x20, 16x16, 16x20, 16x24
Fine art acrylics
Fine Art Acrylics are printed directly on acrylic substrate, your images pop with vibrant color and crisp detail. Stainless standoffs included with order (sit 5/8" from the wall) Sizes: 16x16, 16x23.5, 19.5x19.5, 19.5x23.5
Experience your images in a new definition and clarity with Vivid Metal prints. These show-stopping conversation pieces add an artistic edge and contemporary elegance to your image. White Base or Metal Base Finishing. Sizes: 11x14 - 30x40. Mounted and ready to hang on the wall.